Brooks Brothers’ signature fresh take on heritage style
9. What’s the most understated accessory for men?
A wedding ring.
10. Do you have any interior design influences?
The decorator Billy Baldwin. All the apartments he designed were quintessential New York, in my opinion. They’re still modern and very well put together.
11. What's your favourite object in your home and why?
There's a painting in my living room that my mother gave me when I was a freshman in college. I dragged it around with me for years until I finally found a place in my home.
12. What Brooks Brothers pieces are you wearing on high rotation now?
I’m wearing a couple of things — the long-sleeve slim-fit polo, which is a little dressier than a regular polo shirt. Also, the Madras shirt and the ladybug embroidered shorts — they were some of the first things I designed at Brooks Brothers.
13. How has getting dressed for you changed in the past year?
I think after a year of lockdown, all I want to do is dress up again. I keep thinking of items that I wasn’t craving while chilling at home that I want to buy now. A grey flannel pant and a new parka are definitely on the list.
14. What do you love most about New York?
I love the diversity. People always say that New York is only for the rich, but I think that’s not true. I came to New York with big ambitions and no money, but I feel like the city took care of me. You can do a lot of things without money here like visiting museums and parks, and beaches during the summer.
15. What are the three pieces every man should have in his wardrobe?
Navy cashmere crew-neck sweater, red and white Bengal striped shirt, and a pair of five-pocket corduroys.