8. What’s your number one beauty tip?
My beauty tip happens to also be the best advice I’ve received. Catch more flies with honey than vinegar, meaning being kind gets you further. And drink water!
9. What does leadership mean to you?
To me, leadership is behaving in a way that brings out the best in those around you — by creating the right environment to allow people to reach their full potential.
10. What would you most like to change about the business of beauty?
We hope to inspire a better world of beauty through the kindness of our people, the innovation of our brands and the honesty of our words and actions. In time, we hope this will be something we see from all industries, but beauty should be one of the leaders in kindness. After all, beauty is supposed to make you feel good.
11. How would you describe yourself as a CEO in three words?
Human, kind and abnormal!
12. What do you try to instil in your team?
To continue to be a force for good in everything we do. Be as creative as you wish, and do everything with kindness at the forefront.
13. You’ve supported your staff with some really commendable support around mental health and counselling. How do you take care of yourself?
It’s important that each human at DECIEM has the support they need to care for their wellbeing. For me, self-care is being with my family. Seeing the world through the eyes of my two young children is something I’ll always cherish.
14. Are there any well-being or self-care rituals that are important to you?
Staying calm and being honest and kind in situations.
15. What do you remind yourself of, or what helps you cope, during dark days?
16. How do you keep the legacy of Brandon Truaxe alive within the DECIEM family today?
Integrity is at the heart of what Brandon founded DECIEM on. Integrity continues to power everything we do today. When we brainstorm new products, business plans, retail locations, we constantly ask ourselves, ‘What would Brandon do?’ His genius and ability to push the boundaries without fear is what got us here today, and this will be instilled in our values and work for as long as DECIEM is here.